Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Sunday, June 22, 2008
- Hiking up to Diamond Head (we walked there all the way from our hotel, which added another hour each way)
- Snorkeling on the North Shore
- Seeing turtles coming in to rest on the beach
- Surfing Waikiki beach (my new surfer buddy friend even has video of me!)
- Going on an eco-tour and learning about all of the history, flora, fauna, and folklore of the island
- Partying until the wee hours (bars stay open until 4am here!) pretty much every night
Sea turtle resting
Cubs fans...we're everywhere!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Next stop: applying for my Irish passport. No more waiting for that last-minute, expensive Brazilian visa! :-)
Now...I can't wait to inform my boss that I'd like to be paid in Euros. Hahahahaha!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Every year on Valentine’s Day I like to send out an image of “love”, that elusive word that means so many things to so many people.
I came across this window display while walking down a street in Seattle’s Georgetown neighborhood, and I knew immediately that this would be my picture.
The poet in me loves this image of the old-fashioned type-writer. I also love the juxtaposition of the thorny stand that supports the heart of flowers, and the Pro/Con sheet that lies just below, graphically displaying the yin and yang of love.
We may not ever be able to define it, but we know that we cannot survive without it.
Adventure On…Love, and Be Loved!Kristen