The trip to Hawaii was fantastic! I got to hang out with all of my favorite people: my oldest friend from Chicago, Eileen, Kelly, Tracy, my middle sister Colleen, and my college roomate Anna (who came all the way from Geneva, Switzerland). It was great to all be in one place.
Highlights from Oahu included:
- Hiking up to Diamond Head (we walked there all the way from our hotel, which added another hour each way)
- Snorkeling on the North Shore
- Seeing turtles coming in to rest on the beach
- Surfing Waikiki beach (my new surfer buddy friend even has video of me!)
- Going on an eco-tour and learning about all of the history, flora, fauna, and folklore of the island
- Partying until the wee hours (bars stay open until 4am here!) pretty much every night
Here are some pics:
On the way to Diamond Head
Sea turtle resting
Cubs fans...we're everywhere!